For over 50 years Raritan Valley Community College has been serving the residents and businesses of Somerset and Hunterdon counties, providing accessible and affordable high quality education. The College is committed to fulfilling its missions, goals and core values.
An inclusive college community inspiring excellence in education, 创造机会, 改变学生的生活.
1. 学习与成长 OPPORTUNITIES
- We foster best practices in pedagogy, 学生支持, and professional growth to promote equitable opportunities for intellectual and personal development
- We promote social and economic mobility.
- We cultivate a welcoming community, 支持社会公正, and embrace diversity in our population and perspectives.
- We are committed to equity, equality, and accountability for all community members.
- We support and respect our community by performing our responsibilities ethically, while working to build compassion, trust, honesty, 以及学术自由.
- We work interdependently to make informed decisions, 采取积极行动, and encourage leadership and civic engagement to achieve our collective goals.
- We value our partnerships within and across our communities.
- When solving current and future challenges, we establish motivating and empowering standards by “thinking anew.”
- We use creative outreach strategies to expand and diversify our populations.
- We support the innovative development of advanced technologies and environmental sustainability practices.
- We provide a quality education and transformative experiences for students and our community.
- We inspire our community members, throughout their lives, to uphold 十大堵博正规首页歡迎您 values.
- Raritan Valley Community College values all aspects of diversity including but not limited to race, 性取向, religion, age, sex, 国家的起源, disability, 社会经济地位, 资深地位, gender identification and expression, 文档状态, or political and philosophical perspectives.
- We rely on diversity to enrich the intellectual environment for our community. We support educational access and opportunity by recruiting and retaining a diverse college community.
- We foster diversity by developing and maintaining curricular and social programs that infuse the contributions of all people, and by preparing students to excel in a global society.
- Our commitment to diversity is reflected in the College’s Mission Statement and Strategic Plan, all of which support excellence in teaching, learning and professional development in a welcoming and respectful climate.
▪to practice inquiry and analysis;
▪to develop intellectual curiosity;
▪to read and write with clarity and persuasion;
▪to recognize the value of the artistic process;
▪to demonstrate competence in numeracy;
▪to access, evaluate, create, and synthesize information from multiple sources;
▪to contribute to the larger community by being civically engaged;
▪to consider the perspective of others;
▪to develop critical and moral reasoning;
▪to practice civility and mindfulness;
▪to recognize the interconnectedness of global, national, and local concerns;
▪to understand and analyze historical events and points of view;
▪to become aware of, appreciate, and respect diversity in all its forms;
▪to apply multicultural competencies to promote equity, inclusion, and social justice;
▪to support environmental sustainability and responsibility.
▪to make connections among concepts and experiences and across disciplines and apply theses skills to new experiences at an increasingly complex level;
▪to work collaboratively and to demonstrate leadership;
▪to develop grit, stamina, and intellectual agility;
▪to develop specific goals, to prioritize, to organize, and to accomplish work;
▪to provide and receive constructive feedback.